Lossline: Silence [Exclusive]

I am very pleased to present an exclusive recording of a previously-unheard track from Lossline

It's called 'Silence' and, according to the duo, represents "a bit of a new approach" for them. "In the past we've written songs separately, worked on our parts and then come together. This time we've built the song in the same room," they told me. "We think it sounds warmer than previous songs, less lonely and isolated."

Yes. Absolutely. It's worked. The result is something just beautiful - moving, melodic and brilliantly written. I stand by the comments I made back in October, when I shared my thoughts on their EP, that this band are doing some of the best song-writing out there at the moment. Here, they've adeptly captured the emotion and atmosphere evoked by the small, easily-overlooked features of everyday life: car-shaped patches on tarmac, "beauty in the urban view". And this is mixed with some of the most skillful and poetic metaphors.

As Jack and Adam told me: "Lyrically the song started as a reflection of our surroundings. The smell of something dying in some bushes and the beauty of an early morning felt really opposed but part of the same world."

(Listen out for a special guest vocal about halfway through...)


Follow Lossline on Spotify, and make sure to support them on Bandcamp.