The Shed Project: Lucky Number

More new music, and another band I've found in the last few days thanks to the great community of music lovers on Twitter. When I started this blog, I expected to get a bit further through some of the back-catalogue of tunes that have been with me over the years, but I've found so much new stuff that I feel I have to support first.

The Shed Project are doing great things and certainly deserve more recognition - I'm sure it will come. Lucky Number (released in 2020) is a classic bit of indie rock song-writing - jangly guitars, yearning vocals, and a real sense of forward motion right from the start of the song. I can picture the band members bouncing off the tips of their shoes as they share their music with a clear passion. 

"What's your lucky number, well I guess it's a seven"

I'm consciously trying not to get into clichés, but I can't help but mention the sense of northern attitude shining through - a boldness and certainty, in the production and the music itself. 

This song is the 90s, but all in a good way - the song somehow captures the enthusiasm and hope of that peak indie rock era and translates it for modern times. Their latest release, Bedtime, carries that banner further forward, too.

Thanks lads.